This article will help you setup Custom Review Forms for Products, this feature is currently available on the Ultimate Plan.
Custom Review Forms are a great way to ask detailed questions during the review process in order to gather unique and personalized reviews from your customers. These detailed answers can also help prospective shoppers on your site, because it will give them a better understanding of what post-buyers experienced with it.
For example: If you're a clothing company, you can ask customers "How well did X item fit you?".
The answers gathered from that custom question can help you make improvements to the existing product, and provide shoppers with an better understanding when making their purchase.
There are several steps below to start utilizing Custom Review Forms.
A tag is a text association with a product in the system. By adding a tag to a product, this tells TrustSpot to apply your Custom Review form to this specific product.
Only 1 tag can be assigned to a Product at any one time.
To add a tag to an existing product, follow the below steps:
- Click Product Reviews
- Click Products
- Click Actions > Edit on an existing product
- Scroll down to the bottom to the Product Tags section.
From here you can do the following:
- Create a new tag to assign to the product
- If you're already created a tag in the past, you can select it from the Existing Tag drop down.
Once the tag is selected, click Save Settings at the bottom. Your selected tag will now display under the Active tags section.
Accessing the Custom Review Forms area
To start using Custom Review Forms, go to:
- Click Product Reviews
- Click Custom Review Forms
This will place you into the Custom Review Forms starting area. You will need to define the following before adding questions:
- Form Name - this is an internal name for the form, your customers do not see this.
- Product Tags - assign tags that were previously created above. All products that have the tag applied to them will use this custom review form.
Once the above is finished click "Add Question" to add your first question to the form.
There are two types of questions:
- Customer - these are questions about the reviewer, such as their age, gender, shoe size, etc.
- Product - these are questions about the product they purchased, such as the Fit, taste or durability of the item.
You also have the option if a question is Mandatory or not. If the mandatory checkbox is selected, than the customer will have to answer this question in order to submit the review.
Along with the above question types, there are also several types of answers that can be selected. Answers control the type of content being submitted into the form. We currently support:
1. Single Choice - these are radio button answers, where only 1 choice can be selected.
2. Multiple Choice - these are checkbox button answers, where multiple choices can be selected.
3. Rating (1-5) - this answer type allows you to ask the customer to giving a rating from 1 bar (lowest) to 5 bars (highest).
4. Fit - this answer type is exclusively for asking a customer how well something fit them, such as a new Shirt, Pants or Shoes. The customer will have 3 options to choose from (small, true to size, big).
5. Free Text - this answer type is a text box, allowing the customer to enter a detailed response to your question.
After you've added a few custom questions to your review form, click the "Save Form" button at the bottom. This form will now be Live and is ready for immediate use.
For all of the answer types above, you can fully customize the:
- Display Title - this displays above the question area (ex: Age).
- Question Text - this is the question being asked to the user (ex: How old are you?)
- Guidelines Text - this is an optional area for the Free Text answer, allowing you to provide additional text to help the customer such as example text.
- Bar Colors - for the rating & fit answers, you can control the empty and full bar colors.
Editing Existing Forms
All saved forms are displayed within the "Existing Forms" tab at the top of the page. From here you have a few actions:
- Search for a form by the Form Title or Tags associated with it
- Edit an existing form, by clicking the pencil icon on the right
- Delete an existing form, by clicking the X icon on the right
If you choose to Delete a Custom Form, the standard Review Request will begin sending for the products associated with that custom form.
Have a question or need support on this feature?
Please contact our support team from here.