The purpose of this article is to provide a step by step overview on how to create a Question Group for your experience survey collectors.
A Question Group is simple a group of questions, so if you wanted to have a single page with multiple questions on it, than Question Group is the best solution to this.
Creating a Question Group
To get started, you will need to go to:
- Experience Surveys > Collectors
- Select an existing collector by clicking (Edit) or click "Add Collector"
- Next click into "Questions" and click "Question Group"
Once inside the Question Group you, have a few options:
- Title: This is the text that appears at the very top of the question page
- Help Text: This help text should describe the entire question group, such as "Tell us what type of car you own"
Adding questions to the Group
The next step is to add the actual questions to the question group. To do this, you will need to click on "Add Question". You will than be presented with a few options that can be added:
- Text Field - allow customers to write their answer
- Dropdown - allow customers to select a single answer from a dropdown (you can add as many options as you like)
- Single Choice - allow customers to select a single answer
- Multiple Choice - allow customers to select multiple answers
Once you select the question type, the next step is to:
- Customize the Title of this question - this text will sit above the field
- Help Text - this text will sit below the field
- Add answer choices (if dropdown, single or multiple choice)
- Set your options
For the options section, you have a few different ones to consider:
- Require an answer - this sub-question is required to answer
- Private question - the answer to this question will not be shown on your website
- Set tags - the answer will be assigned as a customer-service tag to this customer's submission, which can be seen within experience moderation.
Once you're done customizing your sub-question click "Save Question".
You can now click to add more questions, or Save the entire Question Group and exit the edit screen. When a user lands on your collector, the Question Group will appear like this:
When answers are submitted via a question group, they are displayed all together within the experience moderation area for that submission. This allows you to easily see all data points in one area.
Have a question about creating Question Groups for your survey?
Please contact our support team via the Live Chat icon on the bottom right